Friends of the Library News
The Heart of the Community. Become a member of the unique organization – Friends of the Upper Saddle River Library (USRFL). For more than 40 years, the USRFL has provided financial support to enhance the resources and services of the library, and with your support, we will continue to help the Upper Saddle River Library grow and flourish. Please see below on how to support the Friends.
Friends’ gifts to the library during 2015-2016 included:
- Sponsorship, with Allendale’s Lee Memorial Library, of the third Annual Friends Graduation Award at Northern Highlands to two deserving seniors (see excerpt from award winning essay on page 2)
- Co-sponsorship, together with the USR Recreation Commission, of the Songs at Sunset Summer Concert
- Purchase of museum passes for Library patrons at the Museum of the City of New York, The Intrepid Air and Space Museum and the Guggenheim Museum
- Purchase of best-selling titles on electronic reading devices for patrons
- Purchase of Story Sacks fi lled with books and materials for the Children’s Department
- E.S.L Program
- Maintenance of our resident fish and fish tank
- Online learning and productivity resources such as lynda.com®, tutor.com™ and Consumer Reports®
- Access to Ancestry.com® and Heritage Quest™
- Funding of the upkeep of our grounds, including all decorative landscaping, lawn treatments, spring and fall clean- ups, mulching and weeding, pruning and edging.
- Sponsorship of the Book and Author luncheon at the 2015 HUMC Showhouse
- Contribution to the BCCLS scholarship fund
- Seasonal decorations for the Library
- Co-sponsorship of the 2015 Annual Harvest Festival together with the Historical Society
The impact of the Friends’ generosity is wider than just our community. In the last year we have donated DVD’s and Audio Books to the VFW for soldiers in the Middle East; and books to Teach for America, Oasis Shelter, Spring Valley and Paterson schools and a school in the Philippines.
We invite you to join the Friends of the Upper Saddle River library–either as an active member (meetings are generally the first Monday of the month–check the Upper Saddle River Library website or the Borough Bulletin), or as a financial supporter through membership and donations. Working together, we make a difference for our Library!
Dianne M. Bono, President